These insurers are also among the best car insurance companies in Oklahoma:
- AFR Insurance, which charges men about $1,572 per year and women about $1,522 per year for Oklahoma auto insurance
- Mercury Insurance, where women pay about $1,623 per year and men pay slightly more at $1,625 per year
Best for drivers with prior accidents
Even a single accident raises the average Oklahoma auto insurance premium considerably. These drivers pay about $2,936 per year on average, though those who go with AFR Insurance only pay $1,522 per year.
Drivers with accident histories can also get cheap car insurance quotes in Oklahoma with these companies:
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance, which charges these drivers about $2,343 per year
- Geico, where drivers with one accident pay about $2,428 annually for Oklahoma car insurance
Best for drivers with prior speeding tickets
Speeding tickets also raise the typical Oklahoma car insurance premium. Drivers with one speeding ticket pay about $2,719 per year, but those who choose Geico can save about $700. It only charges these drivers about $2,005 per year.
Drivers with speeding tickets can also score low-cost car insurance with these companies:
- Allstate, which charges these drivers about $2,102 per year
- Mercury Insurance, where drivers with one speeding ticket pay $2,153 annually
Best for young drivers
Teen drivers pay above-average rates for their Oklahoma auto insurance. The average annual premium for an 18-year-old male with a clean record is $7,196 per year. But those who go with AFR Insurance will pay less than a third of that. Its average annual premium for these drivers is just $2,070.
Young drivers can also score cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma with these companies:
- Shelter Insurance, which charges teens about $4,393 per year
- Geico, where teen drivers pay about $5,629 annually for Oklahoma auto insurance
Best for senior drivers
A 65-year-old driver pays about $1,953 per year on average for Oklahoma car insurance. But those who go with Geico only pay around $1,387 per year.
These companies also offer affordable car insurance in Oklahoma to seniors:
- Shelter Insurance, where seniors pay about $1,495 per year
- AFR Insurance, which charges a 65-year-old driver with a clean record about $1,572 per year
Best for drivers looking for minimum coverage
Oklahoma minimum car insurance costs about $547 per year on average. But those who choose Mercury Insurance get the same coverage for just $329 annually.
Drivers can also find cheap liability car insurance in Oklahoma with these companies:
- Geico, where state minimum coverage costs $352 per year
- AFR Insurance, where minimum coverage costs about $370 annually
Best for drivers with poor credit
Poor credit will raise an Oklahoma driver’s insurance rates to about $3,625 per year on average. But those who choose AFR Insurance will only pay around $2,333 per year.
These companies also offer some of the best car insurance in Oklahoma to drivers with poor credit:
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance, which charges these drivers about $2,550 per year
- Geico, where these drivers pay about $2,609 per year
Average car insurance cost in Oklahoma compared to the national average
How much is car insurance in Oklahoma? That depends a lot on the driver, their vehicle, their address, and more. For most drivers, Oklahoma auto insurance premiums hang pretty close to the national average, though teen drivers can expect to pay more than average. Here’s a look at how Oklahoma’s average premiums stack up to the rest of the country for several of the driver profiles mentioned above.